Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Satellite Beach, FL

My weight increased by 20% when I took Spiriva for 14 months. I have a protruding belly and a layer of fat over most of my body. I weighed 118 when I started Spiriva and now I weigh 142. I cannot lose this weight.
If you had a weight gain, did you find a way to lose the weight?

January 29, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have.been on it for 7 years and never gained a pound.

February 8, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ive been on it for a year and put on 30 pounds

February 11, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Calories in and calories out is the answer to weight gain. I don't believe that Spiriva causes weight gain. Taking in more calories than you expend results in weight gain. The way to lose it is to use up more calories than you take in. Exercise and diet works for most people most of the time. Worked for me: I lost over 100 pounds with exercise and diet and have kept it off.

January 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been on it for ten years and lost 3 stones in weight by dieting.

December 18, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

ask your doctor to put you on q different inhaler, or I bet you will keep putting on weight.
Doctor won't beleive weight gain is because of Spiriva. If you search around the internet, you will find other people have the same problem.

February 13, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wilmington, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Shoreline, WA