Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kissimmee, FL

I use Arnuity Ellipta 100 mcg once aday. I have been having shooting pain down my right leg which makes it hard to walk. My calf hurts. Could this be a side effect from the inhaler?

June 21, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@BibGieb, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, Prednisone is just yucky for the side affects. Irritable, shaky, blotches on my arms from bleeding under the skin, weight gain, etc, - It’s a lovely drug that helps with the breathing, but the sides results pretty much stink🥴 And take calcium/magnesium everyday - really don’t see the benefits.

But what are you going to do? I just wear long sleeves most of the time when I go out (lots of fun when you live in Arizona😉), smile as much as I can (releases endorphins I hear), and do the best I can. Don’t always make it, but do try.

Hope you all continue to be strong and fight the good fight. I need ya🤗

June 25, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@BobGieb, Yep, same as stndpty4Life, had before COPD, but have intensified since neb. meds/inhaler. Use a product called Leg Cramps—has the Quinine in it. Use the topical and pills, and have tried the tonic water too. They help, but still get them—OUCH. Sorry you have to deal with them too

June 23, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Went to see my GP today. Not a drug side effect. Started with about ten different xrays and would you believe it more yummy prednisone. Go figure. I also have to continue 800 mg motrin and flexeril. Les hope the xrays show something or next step might be a MRI.

June 25, 2019 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The clinical trial data for Arnuity does NOT list leg pain as a side effect; it does list back pain. That doesn't mean that it's not causing your pain, but it does mean that in the clinical trials no one complained of that specifically. Check with your doc to see if there might be other things causing it. If you decide to stop the Arnuity, make sure your doc knows exactly what you're doing.

June 22, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes most definitely. I forgot the name of the inhaler because he has been on so many different ones. On that particular one he started having terrible leg pain so bad he had to go to the emergency room. Once he stopped using it the leg pain went away. Please talk to your doctor about this. Wishing you the best.😇

June 21, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Angels Camp, CA