Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Syracuse, NY

Three weeks ago, my Dr. changed my med from Anoro to Trelegy (because I had had a recent exasperation). It seems to me that I have more shortness of breath since starting the new med. Has anyone else experienced this when changing to Trelegy? He wanted me to stay on Trelegy until I see him again in 6 months but it really seems I am better on the Anoro....is it all in my mind?

July 11, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Jean, According to the label the the exact same drugs in the exact same amounts are in anoro and trelegy with trelegy having the additional steroid. I actually believe it is the steroid that gives me issue, but Doc wasn't sure. I know for absolute certain that I do much better on the inhaled powder over the mist inhalers. One puff with any of the mist inhalers and I struggle to find air.

July 15, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That is interesting---will give it a try. I usually take my puffer 15 minutes before I get on the treadmill. Thank you.

July 11, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mike, just my opinion, but I think your doc is wrong to blame your physiology for the way Trelegy makes you feel. Is he a pulmonologist? The Trelegy contains an ICS, which the Anoro does not have. It's possible you react to that, or it's possible that even though Anoro contains a LAMA and a LABA, just like Trelegy, they don't use the same chemical composition (they do the same things, which is why they're in the same class, but they do it using different chemicals) and you may not react well to the chemical composition of Trelegy. That's why I think you react badly to Trelegy and it has nothing to do with your physiology. Just MHO.

July 14, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Me too, Trelegy leaves me short of breath on my morning walks so Dr. changed me back to Anoro. Dr. believes it is physiology and my body just doesn't like the increased powder. I do quite well with the Anoro.

July 14, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No you should call him and let him/her know what’s happened

July 12, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Arcadia, FL