Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

and something called a flutter? I also learn names of different meds and inhalers. You can learn a lot just by reading the questions and answers

August 12, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Triliogy is a non-invasive ventilator, often prescribed for people who have problems with CO2 retention. It can be closely calibrated to the user and is a much better choice than a bi-pap which is often used for the same thing. Debbie is right that if you google those terms you will get pictures and descriptions.

August 12, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@Jandin. If you google these things there are hoid explainations along with pictures and videos on how to use them

August 12, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member you can purchase a nebulizer at any pharmacy however if you want insurance and/or Medicare to pay for it you will need prescription.

August 13, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks RolandL. My problem with the neb meds I am using is that they don't seem to be as effective as they used to. I have been using them in the neb or as inhalers for 20 years. I am often still out of breath when I finish the nebulizer. So maybe I need a change or something stronger. Anyway, I will discuss this with my DR when I see him in 2 weeks. I was curious about the portable units. Thanks for the info.

August 29, 2019
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Insurance will not usually pay for the aerobika unless you have HSA account

August 18, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Knox, IN