Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charleston, WV

In the past 6 months, I've gained 20+ pounds. Some of it is fluid and some is over eating, I'm sure. Today, my doc increased my lasix, so I'm hoping that helps. Plus, I'm starting on oxygen at home to help with my breathing. I have CHF and COPD. 72 years old. Otherwise, have always been in good health. I think my symptoms for the COPD started about 9 years or so ago.
The past 2 years haven't been good ones. Just keep getting worse.
Any suggestions? Thanks, Fritzie

June 9, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. I’ve gained 30 lbs. I’m thinking about going to my dr to see if I’m retaining fluid. I’m also on 2 new inhalers. And I also like my junk food.

June 29, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Im in the same boat but not overweight , reason being exercise, this condition needs the exercise, cut back on food give it a go hugs

June 9, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Trisha, strange that you mention thyroid. My cardiologist recommended that my internist order thyroid and CBC.I'm always tired. Sleep like a baby anywhere/anytime. Seems like on 900 calories a day, you'd be skin and bones. I also take 2 lasix a day. Helps a little. Have a great day. Thanks for answering. Breathe easy.

July 2, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've gained almost 100 pounds in the last five years. I can't exercise anymore, I can barely walk due to SOB. I have hypothyroidism along with the COPD. I find it horrifying and there is nothing I can do about it. I maintain a 900 calorie a day diet.

July 2, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I stopped taking the meds that had steroids in them because I cried all the time. Felt terrible. Just trying to lose some weight. Don't know why I worry about the weight. I'm 72 years old and not out to impress anyone. I just want to feel better. Have a blessed week. Good luck with the exercise, too.

June 15, 2020

Related Questions

View All