Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Currently dealing with a flare up of bronchial asthma and have been taking amoxicillin and prednisone and albuterol and budesinide in my nebulizer..seems flareups are becoming more frequent and occur in November and summer months. They usually last couple of months. Just takes time to improve. Does anyone else switch to the nebulizer during flareups and then back to Inhalier during healthy times?

December 1, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

See a different doctor then...that does not sound good at all...

December 15, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use both all the time dr. Said to but I’m sever copd

December 10, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people do what you describe because they feel that they get the medicine deeper into the lungs with the nebulizer than with an inhaler. I'm curious. Albuterol is usually prescribed as a "rescue" medication and budesonide is an inhaled corticosteroid. Do you take other meds besides these two? Have you had a breathing test and do you have a pulmonologist?

@A MyCOPDTeam Member; when you say you were hospitalized, was that for COVID? Have you had a breathing test? Do you have a pulmonologist? If the answer to either or those questions is no, then, your diagnosis isn't for sure. The definitive test for COPD is a breathing test. So it that's two no answers, I'd find a good pulmonologist and ask for a complete diagnostic workup so you know what you're dealing with.

December 1, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Symbicort and Spiriva daily and have for several years, so far they seem to be doing the job! I am stage 4 and have been for over 5 years. DR, said I am really holding my own! only use rescue meds when needed

October 16, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have stage 3 COPD. I do Duo Neb three times a day, symbicort twice a day and prevental four times a day.

October 14, 2021

Related Questions

View All