Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alliston, ON

My mom just started on Trellegy a few days ago.
She's been on multiple puffers but I suggested she try this one, & I was wondering what others think of this one.

January 8, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their personal experiences with inhalers and medications for breathing conditions, with many weighing in on Trelegy after a... Read more

Members shared their personal experiences with inhalers and medications for breathing conditions, with many weighing in on Trelegy after a member's mom recently started using it. Several members reported that Trelegy worked better than other options they had tried, praising its once-daily use, while others found combinations like Symbicort with Spiriva or Fostair worked better for them. A recurring theme was that medication response is very individual, and finding the right fit may take time, but staying consistent with whatever works is key.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor took me off of my in In healers was on Symbicort and albuterol it did help OK but he put me on Trelegy, I am so glad he did as I am breathing so much better and that’s all I have to do is take that once a day he took me off of my
Nebulizer he told me to take it only if I had to.
I still do carry around albuterol inhaler keep it in my purse just in case things get bad.
Be safe
Have a good breathing day

January 22, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have an using Trelegy for about three months my breathing has been much better I am off of any other inhalers it’s great
Inhale once a day hold breath for three seconds rinse your mouth out and you’re done.

January 14, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

What works for one person won't necessarily work for another. We know enough now to know that the way people respond to the various medications is highly individual and we don't yet know what determines that so we can't prescribe individually. Trelegy is made up of three meds: a LAMA, a LABA and an ICS. There are anywhere from four to 10 different LAMAs, LABAs and ICSs; Trelegy uses one from each class. If your mother doesn't respond well to any one of them, Trelegy won't work for her as other posters have said. The only way to determine now how your mother responds to any of these meds is to try them individually. Then you'll know which of them work for her and if there are any combinations that will work.

If your Mom responds well, then you're lucky. If not, understand that it's how SHE responds that's important, not how anyone else responds. You can ask all you want, but you'll never get the answers you want unless she essentially does her own "comparative effectiveness" study on her own.

January 8, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use spriva daily+ fostair twice a day and it works fine for me at moment . I also do breathing exercises most days , please try this the deep breathing and exhale really does work .try it xxx you’ll fine the method on here .

January 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't use the team part of this, but you can certainly add me to yours if you wish.

January 9, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
suz.asquith@gmail.com

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Syracuse, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ketchikan, AK