Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY

I’m having cataract surgery and they should date you but the medication they give you can make your breathing shallow they say that it’s not recommended for people with COPD to have that medication it’s called vested has anybody had any surgery that had to be sedated and results were good

March 28, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had cataract surgery done in both eyes. Like @A MyCOPDTeam Member, I wish I would have had whatever kind of surgery that is that takes care of the close up vision too, but I had absolutely no problems with either of the surgeries. Now I just need glasses to read anything. The other kind, where they do the total vision (near and far) I was told that most insurance doesn't pay for, so that's why I didn't get that one. Good luck to you!

March 29, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had cataract surgery on both eyes which came out great. First time in my life for say 60. Years that I didn't need glasses or contacts
I WAS NOT PUT TO SLEEP HAD TO BE AWAKE FOR THE SURGERY but they do like sedate you so you are pretty replaced. Hope all goes well with your surgery.

April 13, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had both eyes done recently with no problems at all..definitely worth it

April 7, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Glad to hear that all went well.

April 17, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I KNEW you wouldn't regret it! I'm so happy for you that you can see so well. I am very happy with mine too. Have a wonderful day.

April 17, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Buffalo, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Plainview, NY