Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
South Beloit, IL

I see online we are mostly disqualified from driving if on oxygen. I am due for renewal. I am curious what others have experienced . Thanks @A MyCOPDTeam Member

April 11, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about whether being on oxygen disqualifies someone from renewing their driver's license, with the overwhelming... Read more

Members responded to a question about whether being on oxygen disqualifies someone from renewing their driver's license, with the overwhelming majority sharing that they had no issues renewing while on oxygen. Several members across many U.S. states and Canadian provinces shared personal experiences of walking into the DMV with their portable oxygen and renewing without any restrictions, though a few noted that their state required an annual doctor's certificate. A recurring theme was that rules vary by location, and many encouraged checking directly with the local DMV rather than relying on information found online.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on oxygen only in the evening not during day unless I need it
I just renewed my drivers license for seven years in Texas my husband and I drove back there nothing was said about being on oxygen.

April 11, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I went to DMV with my portable oxygen and they gave me a 4 page form
to have the doctor fill out. Now every year they send me one that needs to
be renewed within 30 days in order to keep my license. I live in Wisconsin.

April 11, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Iam not on oxygen but know people who are and they have no problems renewing drivers license Iam in Ontario Canada

April 11, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member - Why would being on oxygen make you not eligible to drive or have license I would asked them to see that in writing.
I say go for it if you are still comfortable driving.

Suep

April 11, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ I just looked it up on our DMV for New York State. Says nothing about it.

April 11, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Tampa, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Wisconsin Dells, WI