Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR
May 23, 2021
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have thought about a different approach, I have made an appointment with a alternative medicine doctor, I kinda of feel that my doctor is just waiting on me to die and I'm not ready for that just yet...there has to be something other than prednisone to help me get moving again,I still do my ,I still am doing my Advair 500/50 and spriva,and handi inhalers, I'm still doing my 02 at 3 when sitting and 4 if I'm trying to do some house work...still huffing and puffing on 4 seems like dont help alot when I move around,but still I'm not ready to roll over just yet...lol. we have to sometimes take our health in our own hands, I really wonder about all these high priced doctors,well I guess I'm ranting a little bit (sorry).
Take care and breath easy...

May 24, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Bulletbob8: If you really want to know whether your meds are doing you any good, try this approach. Choose either Advair or Spiriva and stop taking it. Give it at least a week (and preferably two) for the cumulative effects to wear off and then see what you think. If you're having more trouble breathing, you know that med is working. Then do the same thing with the other med. If one of=r the other doesn't seem to make any difference, talk with your doc. Maybe it's time to try something new. Twenty years is a long time for someone with COPD, so you've done really well. Remember that you lose a certain amount of lung function every year, so being on O2 now isn't surprising.

Gladys Davis: Certainly go ahead and see if you can't find some alternative medicines that may help you feel better. One thing to talk about is a daily, formal exercise program. I can pretty well guarantee that can help your huffing and puffing and may reduce your need for O2. It will also make doing those ordinary household chores a lot easier and quicker.

Elizabeth White: sex isn't off the table, but it requires some planning and experimenting to find out what works for you and your partner. Remember, nothing changed when you got the diagnosis except you have a name for what's been wrong for some time. You can still do today what you did yesterday.

May 25, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

So what do we do when they stop working

June 7, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes pam, the medication does stop having a good effect after useing it for many years

June 7, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I can t use the Duo breathing treatments because I am allergic to something in the medication. And it makes my breathing worse.

May 26, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada