Anyone else experience this?
Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone whose breathing worsened after starting Breztri, affirming that everyone reacts to medications differently and... Read more
My pulmonologist put me on Breztri and two days in i couldn't breathe. I called and was told to go back to my Symbicort inhaler. Last month I changed pulmonologists. He was very thoural. Come to discover I am allergic to Anticholinergics which are in most inhalers that would help me. I am now on my Symbicort at higher dosage 160 4.5. Also doing Dupixent shots every two weeks.
I recently (1 week ago) had to stop using Breztri because of the many side effects. One of them being lost voice but my breathing WAS improved. I'm still very hoarse. The Pulmo has me on Dulera now and it seems to be helping and no side effects so far. You really should check in with your doctor as your breathing hasn't improved.
Thank you for the info. I did tell my doc. I'm going in this week for a COPD test and will also talk to the pulmonologist.
That is strange as it is to help your airways stay open. You may have just started having an exacerbation at this same time, since you say the SOB continues to worsen after stopping. Have you contacted your doctor? You may be having an allergic reaction to some of the medication in it.
We all react to medications differently. It helped my breathing, but It just wasn't a good fit for me. As I had too many side effects from it. Your pulmonologist can prescribe another medication.
Has anyone else experienced worsening breathing after starting or stopping a new COPD medication?
It's concerning that your breathing worsened after starting Breztri and hasn't fully improved after stopping. This definitely warrants a call to your doctor right away.
When starting new COPD medications, some people do Show Full Answer