Up until June of this year I was able to do my daily routine. I have been on inhalers for a number of years. Got out of breath a bit on exertion, but did not need oxygen. Something changed around the middle of August. My pulmonologist changed my meds & now have oxygen to sleep with & a portable for when I need it. The question I have is what made me so much worse so quick & is that a normal course of COPD? I also seem to have bowel problems when I'm short of breath. Has anyone had this happen… read more
Most of us have experienced changes, especially when we have an exacerbation. It's not common to have things change dramatically with no event occurring to explain it. Whatever changed in the middle of August caused your pulmonologist to make major changes in your treatment plan. Docs don't do that without good reason, so there's got to have been something that pushed him to make these changes. The three people who responded all had events that helped create the changes: cancer, allergies leading to an exacerbation, shortness of breath leading to hospitalization. Those were major events. You need to have a good discussion with your pulmonologist to find out why he made these changes. It sounds like your shortness of breath was a little more than just that.
Well done Mary loosing weight ain’t easy reading your response was interesting to me I’ve taken part on board. Thank you lovely xx
@A MyCOPDTeam Member🙌🙇🏼‍♀️
I have had months where I was pretty good, then my allergies would flare up and cause my breathing to act up. So for about 19 years my lung function has been between 25% a couple years ago down as low as 13%, and last time it was checked it was 24%. I’m on oxygen at night, I have a cpap machine my oxygen attaches to at night. I’m walking more and I’m working on taking off some of this weight. My breathing is better after loosing about 25 pounds. So you possibly have some allergies or environmental allergies. After my hip replacement surgery in May my circulation seems to have gotten better in my legs. Hope you have a wonderful day. God Bless you and Breathe Easier
Me as well always constapated on 3 medications from gastrologist but still have stomach pains and have to strain for a bm and strain now to urinate as well don’t know what is going on if it’s related to copd or something else I’ve had a colonoscopy 5 endoscopys every mri cat scan X-rays blood work don’t think there’s a test I’ve haven’t had looks like I’m about to give birth n stomach never goes down
Interesting to see you wrote about the bowel problem...I've had this problem and can no longer take my puppy for short walks...the bathroom is too far to get to fast...same when I'm in the basement...the bathroom is on my 2nd floor...