Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Baden, PA
June 10, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My husband takes 2 NAC 600 daily. I’ve been taking it for years to enhance my memory and when I read that it is also good for copd I had him start it immediately. He has had no issues with congestion.

July 26, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor wants me to take two capsules a day for my immune system.

June 10, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry I cannot help you have not heard of that. You can always google it. Wish you the best in getting informed on it. Breathe easy!

June 18, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

NAC is usually taken because it helps get mucous up and out. If you look at the publication sites even on a google search, you'll note that most sites talk about the effect of NAC on mucous production and how that improves lung health. There are very few that actually take the NAC to help the immune system idea very far, so I think that's incidental.

June 10, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

what exactly is NAC and where do you get it?

March 24, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Solana Beach, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In