are the any new treatments that will stop the progression of copd of restore lung function ? does it look like there will ever be a cure for copd ?
Clinical Trials have been a lifesaver for me! Have been with one particular organization since 2007 and I can't say enough good things about them. The Dr and the staff there have become good friends over the years. When I am unable to drive to them they come and pick me up!!
For clinical trials for meds, you really need to be seeing a pulmonologist whose practice participates in clinical trials. That's easiest. If you're close to a University Hospital or Clinic, they often participate, so that's another avenue. If you go to www.clinicaltrials.gov you'll find listings of all clinical trials being conducted, mostly in the US, but some around the world. Living in rural Iowa limits the possibilities, but I have traveled to U of Iowa to participate in trials.
CBD doesn't work for COPD; works for lots of other conditions, but not COPD. There is a derivative that I understand does work, but you have to hunt for it and be sure it was manufactured according to strict guidelines. As for other possibilities for treating COPD, there are some promising things being done with treatments that actually change the structure of the lungs and the bronchioles. I would look for these things more than medications to actually help finding a cure. Most of this research is at the animal state at this point, but some should work well enough to move on to humans.
im hopping for a lung transplant on waiting list told only cure for copd.
How do you get on these trials