Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Pittsburg, CA

does

July 29, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am one of those that gets a lot of phlegm, especially after I eat, and I have to cough it up. Once in a while it causes a blank spot in my brain (brain almost feels like it is stopping) because I coughed so hard trying to get the phlegm up. One of my doctors explained that there could be "back pressure" on the blood flow to the brain when we put pressure from muscles around the lungs and heart, and that affects the brain for a second or two.

August 16, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can see my basic problem listed above that I wrote about a while ago. Well, things have changed a lot for me. My cardiologist recommend I get a heart stress test and it showed I had blockage of my arteries. I said I did not have any heart pain, but even though my COPD problem has gotten a little better to the point I get about 95% O2 (A few years ago it was about 89%), I very quickly run out of gas walking quickly only a short distance. So they did a Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography. This is where they send a wire from your right wrist to the left side of your heart and expand the arteries with some kind of baloon. In my case they did not put in any stents. It opened the blood flow to the heart muscles, and I am delighted to say I can again walk to the far end of a Costco or Walmart store and back without running out of breath. So don't be afraid to see your cardiologist. It was really worth the risk of the operation.

February 5
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Alms for the poor!!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

February 6
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Congratulations!!! You must feel like a million bucks!!!!

February 6
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A couple times when I have had a grain of rice stuck in my throat , scary, but nothing other that that.

July 29, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Grand Rapids, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Fullerton, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In