Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hoquiam, WA

Been struggling with my breathing but my stats.are in the upper 90s?

August 16, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have the same problem. Mine is caused by fluid buildup between the heart and lungs,I control this by cutting down on my fluid intake ( water .coffee etc). But have to be careful not to become dehydrated if i overdue it. I also have a monitor system that keeps my cardioligist up to date on the amount of pressure that is present here.

August 17, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's very possible for this to happen. Causes can include air-trapping and deconditioning. If this is true for you, please know that you can continue doing whatever you're doing for as long as you can tolerate it and you won't do any damage. You may feel lousy, but you won't hurt yourself. If you can keep going, that helps a lot with developing endurance and stamina for when you really need it. I have counted my way through many 45 minute sessions on the treadmill!

August 17, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was having a hard time breathing not long ago, had my o2 checked and I was 98% but my resting heart rate was 111 bpm

August 24, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Robert. Will check with my heart doctor and see what he has to say.

August 17, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Could be barometric pressure related, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Hugs.

August 16, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Branch, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada