Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

what is your oxymeter reading if you are not taking oxygen and you are sitting for a while?

January 15, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Testing in the 90s. On exertion or even walking if I feel slightly stressed low 80s. I stop and relax my breath as soon as I can then onward I go.

January 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you everyone. I wish I knew how to use this site better.

January 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

carl 2: You don't have to believe me; I was giving you answers based on my personal experience. My O2 sat levels, like everyone else's, depend on what I'm doing. When I'm at rest, without O2 in my chair, my sats are usually in the 95 range, assuming that I'm not sick. If I'm sick they can range anywhere from 80 to 95. If I'm up and moving, without O2, my sats can fall into the 70s if I maintain the activity. For people without lung disease, the differences aren't as great, but O2 saturation levels vary according to the level of effort.

January 16, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

it depends. If you have no lung disease, 97 to 99 would be normal. If you have lung disease, all bets are off. People have resting O2 levels from the 60s on up. At 60 you're probably pretty sick, but there are many many people with resting O2 saturations of less than 88 and most of them aren't even aware of it.

January 15, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

86-88%

January 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fairfield, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Parkersburg, WV