Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 25, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Your cough when you lay down, cause your airways relax, and this affects your breathing, so you cough xx

April 18, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I sleep at about 15 degrees when you sleepy our throat and chest realax and flem builds up clogging the air ways so you cough sleeping in a siting up position helps keep flem frome checking the crap out of me

March 25, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I first lie down I use a 12" high wedge pillow to not lie flat, but once I feel drowsy I will flip to my side and sleep on two pillows along side the wedge pillow. That has eliminated the coughing and congestion by doing so.

April 18, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I bought a adjustable base frame & mattress the incline can help. Also
do a nebulizer treatment before you go to bed it might help.

April 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

put your head on 2 pillows dont lie flat i have just got rid of my cough

May 1, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bluffton, SC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Belleville, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In