Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Somerville, TN

My pharmacy gave my husband the generic version of Daliresp today. Is anyone taking it? Is it as good as the name brand Daliresp? Before I accept the generic I want to know if it works as well. It is MUCH cheaper.

April 10, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I took Daliresp for 2 yrs,got switched to generic 2 months ago and have noticed ZERO changes in thr meds and Daliresp is what's kept me out of hospital!!!! But I've noticed NO-ZERO difference between the two. .....good luck with whatever you decide n if insurance will still cover brand name since there's now a generic that works just as well

April 11, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Jean, my husband has been taking Daliresp for several years and thinks it has really helped him. He was surprised when he got the generic version and is nervous about it having the same good effects as the name brand.

April 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do know that people who are involved in a clinical study comparing Daliresp and Azithromycin to see which is more effective for whom are now allowed to take either the generic version or the name brand in the study. I think that's a pretty good indication that the meds are basically the same. If your husband is just starting it, and has the 500 mg version, you probably want to cut the pills in half for the first month. The name brand has a 250 mg version for the first month and then you get 500 mg, but I understand the generic is 500 mg from the get-go.

April 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I've been taking it n it works just as daliresp did!!!!

April 10, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Somerville, TN