Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Swanage, UK
July 14, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I learned everything I could about COPD and have become an advocate, working specifically in the area of research in COPD. That generally keeps me busy and out of trouble. In addition, I have three kids, five grands and two great-grands to keep track of, I have an active social life, I'm busy with church things, and I live in a senior community where there are always things to do. Try your local senior center, do some volunteering, go visit interesting sights around where you live, find a better breathers group and make friends you can have lunch and socialize with.

July 14, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do not want to be negative but there are times when it is very hard to accept the fact that I can not do some of the things that I used to. Its very hard on us because we have been taught to stand on our own two feet and be self sufficient and I find it to be a bitter pill to swallow when I am forced to accept limitations of my condition. I try to keep myself occupied and entertained with cooking, cleaning house, doing daily chores and sometimes I might just go for a drive around town. I enjoy games on my phone and it is not uncommon for me to while away the whole night online. I even tried online dating but it was irritating because they all want to get your credit or debit card numbers which I refuse to do!! We are older and many of us are on fixed incomes and are willing to take that risk so I gave up even trying that horsepoo!!! I decided that I would be better served if I started working on myself and fix what I can and keep it moving. I am optimistic that things will come around if I do not lose faith. I am entertaining an idea that I hope will make life better for folk like us. We deserve to live like everyone else with all the rights and rewards that will come with it. Have a great day TTYL.

July 15, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Watch TV and strool around in the house then go outside for a few minutes and come back in the AC. Also play on my tablet and talk with friends on this site. It does get boring and I would like to be able to travel like we use to.

July 14, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rochester, UK