Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 16, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have 12 chronic illnesses that I can manage. With only 4 stages of COPD I understand that fear of stage 4. I'm in Stage 4 and my activities are being cut off because of it. Having said that, we all know we don't live forever and none of us know when "our turn" is. I make everyday a positive one and make it count. There is no point in worrying, just live your life.

September 16, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Life is a death sentence. Severe COPD is not. I was diagnosed in 2000 with severe COPD and I'm planning to fly to Baltimore on Tuesday to join other COPD advocates to go to Capitol Hill and see our congressional contingents. I'll use a wheelchair to get around, O2 that's provided by Lincare and a scooter to navigate the hotel. Exercise, diet, weight control, healthy living and figuring out HOW to do something rather than simply deciding you can't (assuming that it's something you really WANT to do) can mean long life after diagnosis.

September 17, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I too have the sevear problem. Not sure of the answer, to afraid to loo it up

September 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Banning, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oakville, ON