Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 5, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Certainly go to the ER if it goes low but you can still function; if not, call 911. I can usually function reasonably well until my 02 goes quite low, but I wouldn't hesitate to call 911 if I was really in trouble. Usually it won't just drop like a rock; it will just go a bit lower over time. I came home from Baltimore with a nasty cold, and my 02 dropped quite slowly over a couple of days until I had to increase my usage and settings.

October 5, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello Karen If you don't have oxygen and can't breathe please go to the ER Be safe

October 5, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks, I had bronchitis which caused drop & had to go to ER, in hospital 4 days, hospital would not release me without getting ox at home.
Now my pulmonologist says I do not need the home ox, have not used it at all. So that is why I ask if ER, which was a terrible ordeal, is only solution. Any other ways to raise ox level? I am new to COPD, moderate.

October 6, 2023

Related Questions

View All