Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lincoln, CA

Hi,
At night I sleep with my mouth open. So I'm wondering what to do because I wake up in a panic form lack of oxygen? Are there any secrets out there on how to sleep with my mouth shut?

Thank you,

October 19, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can order a chin strap to keep your mouth closed. However, even with your mouth open, you'll get the 02.

October 19, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As long as your nasal cannula stays on, you should not be low on o2. I have the same issue some time. I would not tape my mouth shut, although many people have suggested I do, but that has nothing to do with breathing.
Ha!

October 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am not on oxygen, but I have heard about people who have a CPAP machine at night. I don't know for sure, but you could ask your pulmo about that @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Or maybe you will get a better answer from someone else. I hope so.

October 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

How bout a mask instead of the cannula? Or, use some medical tape, a couple small pieces to tape the cannula to your face?

October 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know what to do. Thanks

October 20, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rochester, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jefferson City, MO