Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Frankton, IN

I was reading about them last night and was considering buying one for my wife. She constantly says she feels like she can't get oxygen out of her lungs. It says sleeping with one of these helps get carbon dioxide out of your lungs and increases blood oxygen levels

April 9
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Bipap saved my mom’s life. She went crazy with hallucinations from toxic levels of carbon dioxide and was hospitalized for a week. She had a hard time finding the right mask, but 4 years later, she’s perfectly used to the Bipap and has never had any more problems with her bloodwork.

April 9
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yeah joseph, i've been on one for over 20 years now.And for me , it's a life saver. I used to consistently stop breathing during the night. My then-wife got used to it until the one time I stopped breathing for like 3 minutes.I believe. It's scared so much that she made me go to the dock and get checked out . I'm glad she did though.Because it helps me sleep a lot better for sure. And i'm a lot less tired during the day. By the way, they have all kinds of different types.So She just doesn't have to try full face masks.

April 9
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That's good to know. I will check it out and try to work on my wife. She is very stubborn 😔

May 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a Trilogy machine and believe it is why I have not had a flare since 2019. It is more powerful than the bipap machine and really helps with keeping the carbon dioxide out of the lungs. It takes some getting used to. It is totally worth it. I sleep like a baby now.

May 4
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It sure does, it makes a huge difference. And there are many different types also.

April 9

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calgary AB Canada

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In