Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My Dr. & my pharmacy did not want me to take it but my lung Dr. wanted me to take it. I take it every other day.

November 9, 2023
 · 
Reactions
8 Signs Your COPD May Be Worsening Read Article...
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Azithromycin everyday is often prescribed to reduce inflammation and therefore esacerbations in situations where the individual is having exacerbations frequently. Daliresp is another med that is given for the same reason and both are effective. If you don't want to take an antibiotic, suggest daliresp (roflumilast) to your doc. It has been clinically proven to be effective. There is a current study, RELIANCE, that is a head to head comparison to try to determine whether daliresp or azithromycin is more effective and for whom.

November 9, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been on antibiotics for 1.5 years, 1 per day and have not seen much improvement. I have had flare ups while being on them

February 2, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Why would anyone take antibiotics when they don't have an infection???

December 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've been on 250mg every day since 2018 and since then only been in hospital once I was constantly getting infection 4 or 5 times a year till I started the daily antibiotic

February 3, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes my partner has copd and has a 250 ml of amoxocillan plus predisonol which he takes as and when he needs them x

January 13, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bellingham, WA