Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cocoa Beach, FL
November 12, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

With luck, determination and a lot of hard work, you can live for a very long time with severe emphysema. I know people who have lived for 30-40 years and people who died very soon after their diagnosis; that's the luck part. With daily exercise and continued activity, and luck, you can live for a very long time. I'm fully intend to live for a long time and probably die from something other than emphysema.

November 12, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, there is also no one on earth that can tell you how long you are going to live. No doctors. NOBODY! God is the only one who can anser that question truthfully.

November 12, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello I am in stage 4 emphysema very severe 23 precent lung function I am 61 I am hopeful I see 70 live one day at a time and love and laugh till time is no more breath easy enjoy

November 12, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A person can live may years with COPD as long as you stay active, so how long you can live with severe emphysema (I have moderate) depends on how active you are. I am not a doctor, so that was stricktly MY opinion. I'm sure you will get other answers too. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

November 12, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member you are already a great example of just what you can do to help yourself with diet, exercise and keeping busy and active. That you come on here and share everything you have done and lived is a huge benefit for anyone who takes the time to read your bio and start making efforts to help themselves.

November 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Leeds, UK