Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 24, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Inogen G5 delivers a maximum of 1.26 LPM on pulse dose, based on 15 breaths per minute. More than 15 breaths and you get less 02. Go to www.runningonair.net and click on the oxygen tab and then click the POC tab. You'll find a complete chart of all the FAA approved POCs that allows you to compare weight, 02 production, what a setting of 3 means for that particular machine, and a host of other information. That should begin to give you an idea about the complexity of the issue and how important it is to do your research.

Home
Home
April 25, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have an Inogen G5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator. I love the size and easy to carry weight. BUT...it delivers a pulse dose of oxygen ONLY. There is no continuous flow feature on this machine....or on any Inogen portable oxygen concentrators that I know of. (But don't take my word, research this yourself to be sure). I am not sure what the maximum LPM is with the G5 either, as I am only at 2 LPM. Sorry I couldn't provide any more concrete info, but for portability and weight it can't be beat.

April 24, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There are units that can deliver pulse flow or constant, but the trade off is you lose battery time with it. The g5 if you are using setting 4 only gives you about 4 hrs of 02 at that setting.

April 25, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭