Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 3, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member: There were quite a few issues. One being the materials the valves are made of. Another are some of the horrors that can happen. Still another is that you have a month or more before you see any results. There's more but I think this is enough.

May 7, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

i had the valves put in and it was the worse thing i could of done. i had to have them removed, it made my lungs worse.

May 17, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Many thanks Sandy.
I'm just starting to look into this and other ways to make life a bit more tolerable..
May we all be well.

May 9, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had valves installed three upper left low December 4. I had some serious complications, not directly involved in the valves, but it was a long process. I’ve started rehab and that is helping figure out how much help the valves and actually giving me easier to breathe Quicker. recovery when I run out of breath. Even with all the problems, I would definitely do it again the gains I’ve made although not real great yet or getting better all the time. Sorry for the long post and part of the reason I’m having rehab. I got Covid after the valves and and I’m working on recovering

May 4, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I read about the Zephyr Valve! WOW I’m really impressed with it. Unfortunately it’s expensive and out of my reach but who knows maybe I will win the lottery. Very happy for you!

May 4, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alexandria, VA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dallas, NC