Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is a rare lung disorder, in which the arteries carrying blood from the heart to the lungs become narrowed, making it difficult for blood to flow through the vessels. The features of PH develops if >50% reduction of pulmonary vascular bed (or) >2/3 of lung destruction is present. The more contribution (78.7%) for the development of PH is left heart diseases while 9.7% (second most common) contribution due to lung pathologies. In the lung disorders, more than 50% cases… read more

January 8, 2025 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I go for exams in a specialized center for PAH tomorrow. 🤞
I wanted to point the necessity to check the heart and his arteries to all people suffering of COPD/emphysema, early enough.
COPD + PAH has a very bad prognosis in terms of morbidity and mortality.
I think it's important for patients to know where they stand.
Hugs Chrisp🧸

January 8, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Went yesterday to the specialized hospital center for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, pathology which is quite commonly seen when COPD/emphysema. Luck, I don't have PAH (but waiting to read the detailed protocol). I do believe it's a test one must ask to perform (ECG, ETT, and right heart catheterization if the 2 first exams are "doubtful" for PAH). Well, I feel relieve. Nevertheless, lungs (severe emphysema) are quite f**d (I continue exams for LVRS/valves/Lung transplant....). Shall keep you in the loop.
🧸

January 10, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for sharing this,i.never heard of this before.
But it might be important,as my Aorta,became narrowed 20 years ago,and had to be replaced,from my heart to my legs.
But i have only copd since 2018,straight away stage 3/4 with >2/3 lung destruction ( non smoker,but working with very dangerous chemicals like Benzene and Toluene.
Was also a company firefighter.
I learn a lot from the things people write her.( which than i start to find out more about it)
All the best for 2025 for all of you and take care.
I try to stay as healthy as possible by regular exercises ( physical therapy and a healthy dieet.)

January 8, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good advice @A MyCOPDTeam Member and thanks for sharing! Good luck with your tests tomorrow and hope they find nothing serious!! Take care and keep us posted!! 🙏 😀John Wedns AM

January 8, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You are exactly right @Dominique02 and I sincerely wish you the best of luck and will be praying for a good outcome for you tomorrow! Chris January 8, 2025

January 8, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Farley, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bristol, UK