My sleep certainly varies. Sometimes I wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night, sometimes sleep 6 or 7 hrs. never know. And I do take a nap everyday, which is usually 2 hrs. I do stay up late too. When i feel I may not sleep I take Melatonin, 10 mg. & that helps.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member I am sorry you are so fatigued all the time. Part of your fatigue comes from just trying to breathe; it takes so much more effort for us to breathe than it does a person without COPD, and another part is that fatigue is just another gift of this disease. We have to learn ways to live with it. For me, no matter how tired I am I try to keep moving, which will keep my lungs working and that is the whole point behind exercise. I walk as much as I can and I think that is why I am still only moderate emphysema after having COPD for at least 12 years.....possibly longer. I hope you can figure out a way to ignore the tiredness and keep on moving! Chris January 18, 2025
Yes I have sleep problems 3-4h wake up am awake about 2 hours before I get back to sleep
My pulmonologist prescribed a CPAP for me shortly after my COPD diagnosis. I found it plugged my airways so I installed a 3M 60926 multi-gas respirator cartridge on it. That was 7 years ago. I have slept like a baby every night with it since, and I have found significant recovery.
Thanks everyone, I'll take on board your suggestions, thanks again