Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY
January 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I never knew I had it till I was hospitalized in 2018.
Quit smoking in 1993, so I thought I was good. Smokers cough gone etc.
But it catches ya anyway. Oh well. We reap what we sow.

February 3, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Good morning Annette, Here are in very brief the 4 stages of COPD. Grades the severity of your COPD are based on:
- Results from your pulmonary function test (PFT), a test that measures the amount of airflow going in and out of your lungs.
- Type and severity of your symptoms.
- How many times you have had moderate to severe flare-ups (also known as exacerbations).
- Whether you have other chronic diseases, in addition to COPD.
- and many other considerations.
💞🧸

January 31, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

HiRobinMcClatchy.Ithought everything was fine.I sure was mistaken hugs frank

February 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Annette and Welcome to the Forum!
Every disease has treatment STAGES based on available medications and research. I got here at about stage 3, but my Doc never told me that. He doesn't use the terminology.

You can find a "Layman's" definition of our Stages at the bottom of your Treatment page. Click on your own picture to get to the drop-down box for it.
IF you want the real technical stuff that shows you how YOUR medications have progressively increased since you first heard the word COPD, you can Google "COPD+gold" to get the Annual "handbook" that the old school Docs still refer to. BUT You'll end up back at the same 2¢ explanation I just gave you.
be Well

January 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
111 Parkview court #5, Pekin Il

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brandenburg, KY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Norfolk, England