Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question šŸ’­
Hampton, VA

I have a pulse regulated concentrator and I'm not happy with it, I have to get a breathing pattern to get the oxygen its nothing like the continuous flow where I just inhale and exhale and get the oxygen I need. Thoughts anyone?šŸ¤”

February 22, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the pulse for walking around & working out. It does take time to learn how to breath using this device. I use the continuous tied into my CPAP when I sleep.

February 22, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@ @A MyCOPDTeam Member, was my response regarding your portable concentrator issue make any sense--or did you find an answer somewhere else? I'm new, and it's still a little confusing in here for me. Seems that, sometimes, responses don't align with the questions, if you know what I mean. But I'm sure I'll get the hang of this interface as I use it more.

February 24, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Dear Earnest. You have answered the question for yourself. You clearly need more O2 flow than the Portable units deliver. Someone did remind you that those setting on the dial are NOT Liters of FLOW, right? They are just like High-med-Low on a toaster oven. Even the pulse settings on the green Pressure regulator puts out more than the electric DoJibbys.

Your Doc could do some in-depth OX Sat studies - but he won't. RUN (don't walk) to the Medical DME supplier when he writes you a new RX for Compressed air tanks. Just kidding. šŸ

be Well

February 22, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member.......I agree with this info.

February 25, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends, if you are using a CPAP or BIPAP, the pulse regulator will not work with a CPAP or BIPAP, not having to deal with a CPAP or BIPAP, from my experience, if using the oxygen bottle the pulse regulator will allow a longer time prior to running out, but if using a concentrator shouldn't make any difference.

February 24, 2025

Related Questions

View All