@A MyCOPDTeam Member that is called Dyspnea or Shortness of Breath (sob) its a common problem with people with COPD, it is also triggered with panic disorder or anxiety disorder they all kinda run together, one feeds the other. Their are methods of treating that feeling but you pretty much have to figure out what works for yourself. For me I do deep breathing exercises and it goes away after awhile also sometimes it takes a long time sometimes not. I also will do sone moderate exercises to elevate my breathing and heart rate. If its close to my bedtime, I will just go to bed. It seems that all the knowledge about it does not stop it from happening.
Hi Debi.
There is no way to measure CO2 levels without blood lab tests.
You must mean Oxygen (O2).
Just the same, when I had high Oxygen levels but still felt SOB (Shortness of Breath), that was a sign of something else going on like a lung infection or high heart rate. Keep an eye on things and don't hesitate to notify your Doc if other things start going wacky too.
be Well
@A MyCOPDTeam Member it could be anxiety because my 02 saturation can plummet just if I am having anxious thoughts. Feeling like you can't breathe with or without oxygen is scary and mine triggers shallow breathing which causes my saturation to drop as well.