Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albrightsville, PA

Wondering for those who ha e an Oximeter and when having a shortness of breath from even a simple activity,is your level higher than normal with with your pulse rate much higher.

October 1, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes heart rate increased and my oxygen gets down in low to middle 80's. NOT GOOD. I use mine when I am not feeling well. It often helps me in determining if I am sick or just lazy lol
Breathe Easy!

October 11, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Pursed Lip Breathing, a method of drawing more O2 into your lungs and blowing off more CO2. In through the nose deeply, out through pursed lips slowly.

October 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My heart beats go well over 100 and my oxygen will be around 94-97. I am totally out of breath and have to sit to slow down. NO FUN

October 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry, you can get short of breath on oxygen when your blood oxygen is at 98....Don't ask me why, that's just the way it is. Maybe someone who is a doctor or nurse can explain it...until then, stop use plb and wait til your breath comes back...

October 4, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

MyO2 drops and Heart Rate increases. If you do the reathin* exe crises which can be found on line the heart w8ll drop and O2goes unfortunately not always sustained need to keep working on breathing exercises 4 to5 times a day. I have rapid trIalfib a5 least onceaweeknon sustains. I get excited I. See you O2 go to 98 only tofine out my heart has increased than the balloon busted

October 15, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lynn Haven, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI