Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 2, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been known to use it earlier. I’m a retired RN what choice do I have. If I’m near my nebulizer I use it instead. But if I’m out I use it early. My pulmonologist told me to use it before I got sob if I was getting ready to exert myself. If your sob you have breathe no choice

May 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have allergy’s never knew to wait 4 hrs, if I need it I use it.

May 4, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stan, just make sure that your doc knows that you are sob before the 4 hours are up. That is significant, she may need to make some changes to your meds or even prescribe a nebulizer, which helps me and lasts longer. In the meantime, sit down and stop your activity when the sob hits until your breathing has improved.

May 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Michael, he told me as did the pharmasist, to use it only as needed but at a max of 2 puffs every 4 hours and no more than 4 times a day to keep side effects down like shaking.

May 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My dr never mentioned using a nebulizer only the salbuteral ( puffer) and the once a day dry puff in the morning ( trelogy Elipta )

May 4, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Watsonville, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
suz.asquith@gmail.com

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH