thanks, Kathleen. My doctor has now suggested we might try time release xanax to keep me at a more even keel and maybe I won't get as sleepy
Your on palliative care so you will be allowed extra medications. Use them as needed.
My brother-in-law was also prescribed those medications. To be taken as needed. at first he didn't need them much. But as the conditions got worse he would take the pain pills to relieve the pain also relax the lungs, it helped him breathe easier. The same with the Xanax he started with half pill sometimes. But if he needed to get some sleep, he would take a whole one and a pain pill which helped him get some sleep. I am sure everyone is different and react differently to medications. But use them to make yourself comfortable. That is why your doctor prescribed them. You will know when you need them.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, the short answer is yes, the rescue inhaler is to open the airway so as to better use the oxygen, I dont use it as much as I used to but I use the Nebulizer more than I used too
I had the oxycodone low dose once and once was enough. Im fairly tolerant of pain meds but this sent me for a loop and I won't take it any more, but that reaction may have been just me, the Xanax is similar to Lorazepam only a bit stronger and it will remove the anxiety in short order, both pills are addictive so follow directions
I'm prescribed 3 Xs a day but I find that's a bit much I take one in the morning and once in a while I take one if I'm having a bad day They do help you sleep I would say I'm on 0.25 I use it for anxiety