Not advice but just my use of it.
I just got one this year. I was having troubles clearing out my phlegm sometimes, and asked my pulmonologist about it. Since I have always been able to clear my phlegm easily and had lessoned the amount I never needed it he said. But having phlegm stuck in my airways and some time producing a mucus plug. He said the devise would help loosen and release the phlegm easier.
*Just follow the directions on the instruction papers you get with it. It works like a charm when you have some stuck and just can't get it coughed up. 4 full breaths slowly and one big huffing cough.
Most the times it only takes me 4 breaths, and one or two huffing cough to clear it. Keep it in the or a plastic bag so no dust or bugs get in it. You are going to be inhaling through it. I only use it when I can't clear it with a few huffing coughs first.
Some people use it or other flutter devices to exercise their lungs.
I love that It really does help
Thank you, Michael Your response and advice is appreciated.
While the search results don't specifically mention Aerobika, they do discuss similar devices called flutter devices that serve the same purpose of helping clear mucus from the airways. These devices can be particularly helpful when used in combination with nebulizer treatments to reduce chest congestion.
Some members of Show Full Answer
https://youtu.be/LMuv5v6M8Is?si=DvQwRICx4nPwa8Sh
Hi Jeff. These "Flutter" devices can help patients with excess Respiratory mucus. BUT remember -mucus is every where in our bodies, most of the time. These devices can be helpful, especially along with other common techniques like simply staying Hydrated. 💦💦 REAL hydrated (think of a moist sponge)!
In addition to the tips here, you might find a salt-water gargle before and after the Aerobika routine (and a firm slap or two between the shoulder blades) will help keep the breath-ways clear most of the day.
be Well