Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calgary AB Canada
July 28, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about whether emphysema causes skin thinning and easy bruising, with the shared consensus being that... Read more

Members responded to a question about whether emphysema causes skin thinning and easy bruising, with the shared consensus being that steroid-based inhalers and prednisone treatments are the main culprits rather than emphysema itself. Several members described relatable struggles like skin tearing open from minor bumps, unexplained bruises, and slow healing, with practical tips shared such as wearing protective arm sleeves, shin pads, and keeping antibiotic ointment and bandages on hand. A recurring theme was the emotional comfort of realizing others share the same experiences, with many members expressing relief at not feeling alone in dealing with this frustrating side effect of managing COPD.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Tricha
If you’re on aspirin or blood thinners or taking steroids or steroids based inhalers this cause bruising and as we age are skin is like tissue paper
Take care
Eric xx

July 28, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member
It’s not your fault Kathleen. A certain someone got their panties in a bunch today ,it was uncalled for. If you look on the guidelines with management, that is not one of the rules on here. That’s his own personal rule. And I’m sorry that happened to you. If you have any future trouble with him, you can always block him or report him. And then he won’t be able to-see what you post ,and wherever you post! Most of us don’t care where what’s posted where. This site is not set up for clear guidance I’m afraid. And when you’re new ,it can feel like a maze. So I hope you will stay here and enjoy it , and post wherever you want ,with the rest of us . We all need each other. We’re all going through a lot and need each others support….big hugs 💖Victoria.

August 1, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have never had a problem before and usually @A MyCOPDTeam Member has positive comments as well as likes most of my posts. This site can be difficult to use and we must realize everyone here has their share of health issues so we should NOT criticize members if they mistakenly post or write on someone else's page or post. I am also guilty, @A MyCOPDTeam Member and often comment when I see someone I know without realizing I'm offtrack or on someone else's page which may have been 20 posts prior. I almost lost a good and long-time friend, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, who left recently for a short time because a member made her feel guilty for posting on someone's page, God forbid! She gave me her e-mail address so we could communicate without hurting someone's feelings or stepping on toes. I've met many great people here who have many serious health issues or a lack of pc skills, like me. Life is too short so, again, I say "get over it"!! Let's try to accept other's shortfalls here! Peace to ALL!!❤️ John 😀

August 1, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I don't understand why some people get all "pissy" when someone adds to someone's page since it is often difficult to go back that far to see who actually started the conversation or whose page it is. I know I'm guilty of it and others and I realize this has been a problem with others like @Jael possibly leaving this site. I'm sure it is NOT intentional and honestly I feel this complaint is PETTY and there are much more important things for us to be concerned with and am tired of these complaints which in my opinion is Bullsh*t!! I am not about to leavre this site for the few I accidently offend! Sincerely, John🤬

August 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, steroids will do that. I, at times, wear shin pads because I have so badly cut my shins from minor bumps into things while cleaning etc. My skin rips open like butter and takes forever to heal. I have bruises that I have no idea how I got. I happens with age to some extent as well.

July 28, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wallins Creek, KY