Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mosbach, DE
August 7, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
Stem Cell Therapy for COPD: What To Know Read Article...
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well, I just got approved for Medicaid, which is a blessing, because the cash price on my monthly Brezti prescription is $797.36. I had not been taking it properly because I didn't have insurance after the workforce reduction in November. Every piece of equipment I have (3 portable concentrators, 1 home concentrator, CPAP machine and all accessories) have been out of pocket expenses for me. It's not a cheap venture, by any means. I had a place that would finance these pieces of equipment for me for monthly payments and that's the ONLY way I was able to take care of the costs. The portables enabled me to go back to work where I had some insurance (until this past November), so all my equipment is, at leas,t paid for now. With disability and Medicaid now, tho, I'm hoping I will be able to manage this to feel my best.

August 16, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

COPD is one of the most expensive chronic health conditions to manage. Even with insurance, costs can be significant. Here are typical expenses:

• Prescription medications and inhalers ($168+ per month with insurance)
• Medical equipment
• Oxygen therapy
• Regular doctor visits and monitoring
• Insurance premiums and Show Full Answer

COPD is one of the most expensive chronic health conditions to manage. Even with insurance, costs can be significant. Here are typical expenses:

• Prescription medications and inhalers ($168+ per month with insurance)
• Medical equipment
• Oxygen therapy
• Regular doctor visits and monitoring
• Insurance premiums and copays

Some MyCOPDTeam members report spending $4,000+ annually even with insurance coverage. To help manage costs:

• Ask your doctor about generic medication options
• Check if you qualify for prescription assistance programs
• Compare insurance plans carefully
• Keep track of medical expenses for tax purposes
• Discuss cost concerns with your healthcare provider to explore more affordable treatment options

August 7, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chocowinity, NC