Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 28, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been using the Air Physio for over 4 years. I use it to help loosen the mucus and cough it up. I'm very happy I bought it. Got it at Amazon https://tinyl.co/3nKI

Amazon.com : airphysiolungdevice
Amazon.com : airphysiolungdevice
October 6, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, hi . Yes I use a flutter valve. Works wonders . I have Bronchiectasis with severe persistent asthma. I barely fit under the copd umbrella as I have chronic bronchitis. They assigned a flutter valve. They did want me to use a nebulizer treatment that had a lot of salt in it. But even though it brought the mucus up, cause to get sick and antibiotics all the time. So I don’t use it.

September 28, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks John81

October 14, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

While the search results don't specifically mention Air Physio devices, there are several breathing techniques that can help manage mucus with COPD. One MyCOPDTeam member shared that humming deep notes can help vibrate and loosen mucus in the throat. Singing is also mentioned as being beneficial for exercising the lungs and Show Full Answer

While the search results don't specifically mention Air Physio devices, there are several breathing techniques that can help manage mucus with COPD. One MyCOPDTeam member shared that humming deep notes can help vibrate and loosen mucus in the throat. Singing is also mentioned as being beneficial for exercising the lungs and chest.

For managing breathing and mucus, consider these proven techniques:
• Pursed lip breathing
• Diaphragmatic (belly) breathing
• Working with a respiratory therapist
• Pulmonary rehabilitation exercises It's important to work with your healthcare provider before starting any new breathing techniques or using breathing devices. They can properly evaluate what methods will work best for your specific situation and ensure you're using them correctly.

September 28, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Collingwood, ON

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Portland, OR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Steinbach, MB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In