HI Sue. There are different "kinds" of COPD as far as known Respiratory conditions Go. COPD was the 3rd common cause of death until COVID showed up. Now it's 4th WORLDWIDE. π COVID was a Respiratory condition too, but was not classified as COPD.
Confused - me too. π€
EXCEPT - as long as my Doc knows what "KIND" of COPD I have, I don't have to explain it to anyone else.
Some people will also confuse the COPD Treatment "stage(s)" with the "Kinds". They are NOT the same thing. I wont try to explain that here. I will totally get it wrong.
Have a read in this article and let your Doc set you back on the right path to deal with the Type and Degree of your condition:
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detai....
be Well.
Yes, COPD is actually an umbrella term that includes different types of progressive lung diseases. The two main types of COPD are:
β’ Emphysema - This affects the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in your lungs, making them larger and less efficient at exchanging oxygen and carbon dioxide
β’ Chronic Bronchitis - This involves Show Full Answer