Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I called the manufacturer and was shot down. Maybe this is God's plan. I guess I'll just have to go on.

October 2, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am currently taking this drug. My Pulminologist ordered it thru a pharmacy called Gabecare direct Rx.-Mfg. is Verona pharmacy. I get it for free and Medicare pays for it now. They send it thru the mail. I don’t think it’s a wonder drug but it seems to do the job. You have to use it in a nebulizer 2x a day. I’m not sure if they will cover it next year.
Hope this helps!

October 2, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

It's understandable to feel frustrated when medication costs are a barrier to treatment. Ohtuvayre (ensifentrine) is a newer COPD medication that works as a PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor to help prevent symptoms. While this specific medication may not be accessible right now, there are other treatment options to discuss with your Show Full Answer

It's understandable to feel frustrated when medication costs are a barrier to treatment. Ohtuvayre (ensifentrine) is a newer COPD medication that works as a PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor to help prevent symptoms. While this specific medication may not be accessible right now, there are other treatment options to discuss with your healthcare provider.

Your doctor can help explore alternative medications that might be more affordable or have better coverage through your insurance. They may also know about other patient assistance programs or resources that could help make treatments more accessible. Remember that COPD management involves multiple approaches. While you work with your doctor to find an affordable medication solution, focus on other aspects of your treatment plan like:

• Using your current prescribed inhalers as directed
• Following your oxygen therapy plan if prescribed
• Staying up to date with vaccinations to prevent infections
• Using medications that help thin mucus when needed

Don't give up hope - there are usually several treatment options available, and your healthcare team can help find what works best for both your health and your budget.

October 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sandy, I'm sorry to hear this. Perhaps they've exhausted the financial assistance funds for this year. My Medicare copay was about $600/month without the assistance. Keep trying.

October 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member The best I can do is pray that your finances will improve. It is outrageous that we in the US have problems getting the medications that are recommended and even worse are the fees that are charged for doctors, hospital and ambulances. Medical insurance rates for me for 2026 have skyrocketed, unreal, and I'm sure is true for everyone. Prayers and hugs...

October 4, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Sandy, your doctor has to order Ohtuvayre, it is an RX medicine. Calling the manufacturer yourself to order won't do any good if that is what you did. Talk to your doctor. I've been using it for 9+months and it is helping my breathing a lot. I don't pay anything. Its paid for by Medicare. Good luck...

October 2, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boscobel, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sewell, NJ