Good advice here John. For me, I have to avoid large groups ,and not be around extended family when they are ill. My husband is retired and works from home, and he avoids large groups so he doesn’t get me sick. We always wear our masks out and wash hands a lot and hand sanitizer. Also get all of our immunizations. Since doing the above, the last three years, we haven’t caught any viruses etc. It’s not a fun way to live, but landing in the hospital and scarring my lungs farther ,was not good for me either. Wishing you all the best.
Hi John. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Lotsa good tips here if you read between the lines!
Get some rest, but stay active. And STAY Hydrated! 💦 Many of our germs are airborne, but most are right at the tip of our fingers. 🤔 Think back on all the clues the nurses gave you at your bedside too. There's a reason they change gloves and mask when they come in to chat with you.
I just recently went back in Time and remembered a GOOD one: Carry your own pen and never loan it out. Also, stop biting the finger nails. And eating chicken wings too. (Just kidding!)
be Well.
In short, by staying active, exercising, and eating a healthy diet. As well as avoiding getting a cold.
But knowing more about your situation and treatments you're taking would be helpful. I know you're new, so reading in the resource section will be helpful. when you get a chance fill out your profile/story so we can know more about you.
I just take Trelagy and one mucinex very active do a lot of bush hogging and mowing I do know now for sure to start wareing a mask for sure I believe that’s where the infection came from
How can I change my lifestyle to help prevent lung infections after being hospitalized?
Making positive lifestyle changes can significantly improve your COPD management and help prevent future infections. Here are key steps you can take:
• Stop smoking if you currently smoke
• Participate in pulmonary rehabilitation Show Full Answer