Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Collierville, TN

Some mornings I wake up with a pretty bad headache at my left temple, and leg aches at the same time. I know that I'm a very light sleeper and a shallow breather (my doctor knows about this), so some time ago, I decided to start deep breathing before ever getting out of bed. This makes the aches go away in a couple of minutes. I think it's just a matter of getting that circulation going. Does this make sense to you?

October 31, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded warmly to a question about using deep breathing to relieve morning headaches and leg aches with COPD, with many agreeing... Read more

Members responded warmly to a question about using deep breathing to relieve morning headaches and leg aches with COPD, with many agreeing that the practice genuinely helps. Several members shared that combining deep breathing with drinking water upon waking made a noticeable difference, and one member described how an advanced ventilator device called a non-invasive ventilator resolved their headaches by helping remove excess CO2. A recurring theme was that natural approaches like healthy eating, staying hydrated, gentle exercise, and breathing exercises go a long way in supporting overall well-being with COPD.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was having headaches and falling asleep sitting up. It turned out that I was not getting rid of enough CO2. I was hospitalized and sent home with Luisa, a non invasive ventilator,(kind of like a CPAP but much more advanced. I use it now while sleeping and I no longer have the headaches and I am alert now during the day instead of dozing off.

November 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Carol, interesting that several other people experience the same thing. I'm also leaning a little toward high blood pressure. In that case, stress can certainly be a factor.

November 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sounds perfect, @Jael! I'll have to ask Alexa!!🤣 I'll let you know if she recommends it!! I honestly never like whiskey! Rum drinks are my favorite at "Christmas"!!🤣

November 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, My kidneys are not in excellent shape, but they're holding their own. I believe more strongly than ever that if we give our body every chance we can, it will hang in there with us requiring very few additives. Natural, healthy foods, plenty of water, but don't drown ourselves in it, reasonable exercise, meditation of our choice, some time in the sun and a good occasional belly laugh generally don't cost all that much. Here I am at this age, not having cared for my body in the past, still in good enough shape to keep going, and I am grateful.
I appreciate you and all the people in here for your solid information and encouragement. Happy Sunday to you too! 🎈

November 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member - you are right, water with electrolytes already in it can taste terrible if you don’t need them. But, as long as you stay hydrated and don’t mess up your kidneys, it’s all good,

Happy Sunday to you.

02-NOV-25

November 2, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Turrell, AR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Branch, MN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In