Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Kenosha, WI

Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) is traditionally used to support respiratory health and may offer benefits for individuals with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Benefits of Mullein for COPD
Expectorant Properties: Mullein is known for its ability to loosen mucus in the lungs, making it easier to expel. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with COPD, as it helps clear mucus buildup that can obstruct airflow From Co Pilot!

November 7, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A few months ago, I started using a Chinese herb blend called Bu Fei Yi Shen (this has 12 different herbs in it). I also started using Extra Strength Mullein capsules at the same time. I discovered these during my ongoing research for anything that helps with COPD symptoms. Since I started using it, my coughing and mucus have been drastically reduced. It took about a month to see results. I am not won't dive into the data on these, but look them up. AI can be your friend for research!!! What really disappoints me is that these PROVEN remedies are not covered by insurance. Cleveland Clinic even has a Traditional Chinese Medicine department with TCM practitioners. Are the visits covered? Hell no! But the fact that they have this division sure adds credence to the legitimacy of TCM treatments. Feel free to reach out to me if you want more input. Have a great day.

November 11, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good Saturday Morning @A MyCOPDTeam Member i'm glad you found something that works good for you I agree drug company's charge way to much and to many side affects! โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป 11/08/2025

November 8, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also believe strongly in using Mullein as well as Vitamin C. I have not taken any drug companies outrageous and expensive medications in a few years, although others are in different stages and needs. I feel there are too many bad side effects to meds and would rather try natural vitamins until otherwise. I'm not a doctor and this is my opinion only. Hope everyone has a good day and finds something that works for them! John Sat AM๐Ÿ˜€

November 8, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I find it helps me. I drink mullein tea and sometimes use the tincture in my coffee when I am out of the tea. But one or two cups a day has cut my mucus production down by more than half. I also believe it has lessened my cough.

With everything some people react differently to medications so some my not get the same benefit as I do. *Any time you use supplements you should check with your doctors. My pulmonologist thinks is is good to use. My cardiologist thinks it is a whole lot better than coffee to drink.

November 8, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the tincture twice a day and it helps me with my coughing and mucus. I usually just use the dropper to drop the recommended amount under my tongue and then have a glass of water or sometimes I put it in my tea. If I forget to use it, I have a lot more coughing and mucus. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

November 12, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Belleville, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Calhoun Falls, SC