Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calhoun Falls, SC
July 27
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have. I drink one or two cups a day of mullein tea. It has reduced my mucus in half and I cough less.
My doctor said it does the exact same thing that Mucinex does for me. Just cheeper and more natural.

July 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also drink hot mullein tea in the morning. It loses up the morning gunk . I make ice tea add 2 bags of mullein and rest regular tea bags . I read a lot about it . I get it off amazon.

August 1
MyCOPDTeam

Have others with COPD had good results using herbal remedies like mullein?

Some people with COPD do explore complementary and natural treatments, and there are anecdotal reports of finding relief from certain symptoms. However, it's important to approach herbal remedies with some caution.

Here are a few key things to keep Show Full Answer

Have others with COPD had good results using herbal remedies like mullein?

Some people with COPD do explore complementary and natural treatments, and there are anecdotal reports of finding relief from certain symptoms. However, it's important to approach herbal remedies with some caution.

Here are a few key things to keep in mind:

- Herbal supplements can interact with COPD medications in potentially dangerous ways
- Some natural treatments may make prescribed medications less effective
- Complementary therapies should never replace medications that have been proven to work in clinical studies The best step is to have an open conversation with a doctor or pulmonologist before trying anything like mullein or other herbal remedies. They can check for any potential interactions with current medications and help weigh the risks and benefits.

It's also worth sharing experiences and asking others on MyCOPDTeam — many members discuss what has or hasn't worked for them, which can be a great source of real-world insight! 🌿

July 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I personally never used or tried it but I have read about it as it does sound interesting,I asked my pulmonologist about it & he simply smiled & said if it works I would tell you about it….

July 27

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Safety Harbor, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Krugersdorp, ZA