My Dr. said I may qualify for the Zephyr Valves -- I have to have a 6 min. walking test & a CT scan, then consult with a Dr. It has all been explained to me & sounds exciting, but scary too. Dr. said it would improve & prolong my quality of life. I have had COPD for 24 years & am in Stage 4. I have seen it asked here before but didn't really pay attention--so, who has had it?? Thoughts??
Hi Mary. That procedure has not been offered to me. But most seem to get the option when the medications and activity don't allow enough relief for your normal day.
A quick search at the top menu will give recent and previous answers on this question. Some posts have already been consolidated by other Users. At my last recall, the success rate is about 50/50 with few returning to Update (or complain either way).
Bests to YOU and wishing good results on the MANY tests needed for the INS company to ally with your Docs recommendation and course of treatment.
be Well
I have the valves had them for a year and 4 months it helps me
Are you considering the Zephyr Valve procedure and wondering about others' experiences?
It's completely understandable to feel both excited and nervous about this procedure, especially after living with COPD for 24 years at Stage 4. The Zephyr Valve is designed to help people with severe COPD breathe easier by blocking off Show Full Answer
I also get the infusions once a week because I have alpha deficiency 1
Thank you. I am going to call & ask about Insurance coverage---important to know! Yes, I have 3 tests scheduled.