Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Twxas
December 10, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well with everything medicine and food alike, everyone reacts a little differently.
Yes, there are some foods you should avoid. But they depend on how any of them affect you and your digestive system.
I find limiting carbs, sodas, beer, and limit my dairy. as well as eating small meals more times a day is better for me.

More importantly than avoiding certain foods, you should pay attention to a healthier diet! As that in it self will help as well as avoid some unhealthy choices. The interesting thing I have learned by many discussions with dietary people, is that the same recommended diet for cardio is also recommended for pulmonary. That is a 'Mediterranean' diet. You will find it to be more helpful than trying to keep foods out and make it easier to watch. They may use some carbs but in a way that does not create bloating or gases. That is how my diet is and there is a large verity of meals to change trough. Seems to help keep my healthy and controlling my weight a lot better. [Everyone is different though, find what works best for your breathing and weight]

December 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Michael.dairy started this summer,ice cream,I love ice cream.Did not like me.Look into Mediterranean diet,This is weird for me,I could eat anything.

December 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, there is a lactose free ice cream that you might want to try. It is very good. Lactaid is the brand that I'm familiar with. It is NOT low fat. I think that the only difference in it and regular ice cream is that it is made with lactose free dairy. I am very sensitive to lactose. so I have to be careful. In any case, I think moderation is the key word here. There is a lot of sugar in ice creams so be careful. As @MichaelJerjav said, the Mediterranean is the best. When I follow it I feel so much better with less breathing and Gerd issues.

December 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I started using lactose milk.So far ok with cheese.You had a dream job.Dipping and making.Thanks friend,

December 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes Carol, I love ice cream too. I worked at a dairy as a dipper, and later the person making the ice cream. So I dearly love my ice cream. Now it is a special desert treat only once a month. But I'm ok with milk and cheese yet.

December 13, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Yorktown, VA