Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Yorktown, VA
July 24
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to the question about foods and drinks to avoid with COPD by mixing humor and lived experience, with a common theme being... Read more

Members responded to the question about foods and drinks to avoid with COPD by mixing humor and lived experience, with a common theme being that strict dietary rules can feel overwhelming but small, personal adjustments make the most sense. Several members shared practical tips, like reducing sodium to ease fluid retention and heart strain, cutting back on dairy to reduce mucus, and avoiding fried foods, processed meats, and sugary drinks when possible. A recurring theme was that COPD already limits so much of life, so eating with joy and moderation matters more than following a perfect diet.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I eat everything in moderation , sometimes alittle more then moderation lol….. I love my sweets.

August 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Well @SondraJarvis your research is right on but it would throw me into a huge depression!

July 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

That's awesome topic but other than spicy 🔥🔥🔥🔥🥵🥵🥵 food everyone is different along with your medications with that I would test things that you like COPD doesn't mean we are dead just in a disability with stipulations I still drink moonshine but cut out sodas and fried foods and added more vegetables just be careful slow roll by test-drive your intakes

August 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m 82 years old. I try to watch what I eat. I cut down on my sodium but try to eat healthy. I guess I’m not as good as I should be. I told my doctor if I ever go into a nursing home I don’t want a restricted diet. I figure that’s the last thing I have left food and TV. What brought that on I was in a nursing home convalescing after one of my heart operations and their
Was an elderly woman begging her daughter for just a taste of lemon pie and they refused her.

July 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I pretty much eat anything I like but have reduced sodium intake as it retains water and adds stress to heart (which is already working overtime due to COPD) and makes it harder to get mucus out.

July 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Twxas

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In