Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 17
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members united around the frustration of misleading COPD cure ads, with the overwhelming consensus being to ignore them entirely since no cure... Read more

Members united around the frustration of misleading COPD cure ads, with the overwhelming consensus being to ignore them entirely since no cure exists and any legitimate help is available for free through doctors and reputable medical sites. Several members shared their experiences with pulmonary rehab programs, regular exercise routines, staying on top of medications and doctor appointments, and the reality that COPD progresses differently for everyone despite best efforts. A recurring theme was finding acceptance and community support while living one day at a time, with members offering hope through faith, encouragement to keep moving, and gratitude for connecting with others who truly understand the journey.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

You never get use to it . I think you learn to live one day at a time. There’s no magic cure for COPD . Let’s pray that in the near future they find one. Hugs

January 17 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

This is a fine site for COPD. Beautiful, caring people are in here, and it's my 'home away from home'. But We're all only human, and even the smartest, most well educated people in here don't have all the answers. In fact, you'll read a few mistakes, including mine, because we're coming mostly from personal experience. I like to visit some of the better known medical sites for the newest information and also listen to my doctors. I think many Team members wisely include the caveat, 'I am not a doctor....'
Still, I'm not sure there's a better place out there than MyCOPDTeam. Thank goodness for them.

January 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I personally believe in the progression of COPD. I have been through pulmonary rehab twice (That's all Medicare will pay for) and joined a gym after. Attended Senior Behavior sessions (psychologist). Always take my meds and keep my doctor's appointments (GP, Cardiologist, Pulmonist). Did well with the cardio/pulmonary rehabs but after about 3 months in the gym using the same equipment, time, and level it started to get harder and harder each session. Was regressing instead of progressing so gave that up. Keep in mind this was over a 2 year period and the old body was aging every day. SpO2 has always been 95+ and never needed oxygen. Quit smoking 3 years ago. Vitals and blood work always are good. Today I am so weak it is becoming hard to walk. I still feel fortunate that my real problems didn't begin until I was 75. I know a lot of people begin having problems in their 50's. Don't intend to sound pessimistic but reiterate that the disease will progress at different levels for different people.

January 18
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I first joined this, I had done some research into COPD and what I found was many miracle cures for COPD and all the cures cost money and all the helpful information to manage COPD was free for the reading. Me being the cheap so and so did the reading. Oh and I'm still learning how to live with this.

January 17
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It’s a frustrating and at times scary disease. I can tell you I am in a wonderful pulmonary class on zoom with a different but positive instructor. He keeps you moving forward. I have made improvement and have hope by attending them. Also my faith. You can take from anywhere. It’s called “My New Lungs”. You can find on line and read the head therapist who is my instructor is Alic G. We are in Virginia
I will pray for you for your healing. Carol

January 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Duluth, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Louis, MO